We're at the point in my 2nd banjoversary blogging where I shift from looking back to looking forward. What are my plans going to be for the coming year?
Well, some of this year's plans are the same as last year's:
- I will continue the Banjo versus TV project, making sure I spend at least as much time on my banjo as I spend watching television. I've learned that I need projects like this too keep myself on track.
- I will keep taking banjo lessons with Dave.
- I will work towards my 2009 resolution to get good at jamming by going to jams as often as I can. (And I will earn that free sandwich at Costello's Early County/Bluegrass Jam yet!)
- I will continue learning guitar chords so I can follow the guitar player at jams.
But my banjoversary ruminations have put me in mind of some new plans for the coming year. I draw each of these ideas from a few different sources, including Dave, my readings and some of the sessions I took at Midwest Banjo Camp.
- I will treat my banjo training like sports training.
- I will create a terrific banjo practice area.
- I will be deliberate about learning songs.
I'll blog a little more on each of these, soon.