Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Banjo versus TV: Week 18

Banjo 126 hrs, TV 109 hours
A weekly check-in on the Banjo versus TV project — J.R.'s resolution to spend more time in 2008 on his banjo than on TV.

Mike, my instructor, approves of the approach to pinky and smoothness that I described last week, so I've been doing more of the same this week. And by "more" I mean "less" since I haven't had much banjo time this week.

One of the things fueling this: I have got to watch some more TV. Just look at the trend through last week:

At this rate it's going to be too easy to keep my banjo hours over my TV hours. And next month's trip to Midwest Banjo Camp is just going to make matters worse. I figure it'll be about 23.5 hours of banjo time, even if I don't participate in any of the off-hours open jam sessions.

If I let my banjo hours fall much farther behind my TV hours, the TV hours will provide no motivation at all.

So I'm going to freely indulge in as much sweeps-watching as I want.

No comments: