Saturday, August 30, 2008

On the road to the Four Corners Folk Festival

Hello to the friends, new and old, I met along the way to the Four Corners Folk Festival in Pagosa Springs, Colorado.

Hello to my high school friend Samir and his wife, Kshama, who just happened to be riding the same plane to New Mexico. It was nice catching up with you.

Hello to Bridget, my seatmate who let me talk her arm off about my Banjo versus TV project. Bridget, the web site I recommended to you is Flatpicker Hangout, the companion site to the Banjo Hangout. Enjoy the wedding and keep up the guitar practice!

Hello to Maggie, who works the counter at Avis and who once had Steve Martin stay over at her house, back when he was a banjo-and-balloon-animal comedian. Yes, Steve Martin knows how to handle a heckler. "I remember my first beer" is brilliant.

And hello to the kitteh in the window of the room downstairs from mine at the Days Inn.

Hello Kitty

Let's hear it for pets-allowed hotels!

No comments: