Monday, July 9, 2007

BARcamp, juggling and Java

It's been two busy weeks, but I'm finally organizing my notes from BARcamp Chicago.

I met Erik Costlow because he saw me juggling and, after we did a couple of partner juggling tricks (he's much better than I am), we got to talking and discovered that we were both alumni of Gamma Phi Circus.

Erik recommended several Eclipse plug-ins that sound pretty good:

ProjectURL(s)
Format On Saveautoupdate
Groovy IDEautoupdate
Spring IDEautoupdate
Subclipse 1.2.x (Eclipse 3.2+)autoupdate
Eclipse WTP (the eclipse plugin manager will resolve your dependencies)???
Ivy - Java dependency manager - resolved the jars in your project through ibiblioinfo
Eclipse IvyDEautoupdate
JodaTime jarsinfo


Erik also recommends the Java Posse podcast and the Crypto-Gram Security Podcast.

No comments: