Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy 3rd banjoversary to me!

It's my third banjoversary! Three years since the redhead gave me a banjo for my birthday on that fateful day.

And how did she honor my banjoversary this year? Why, she gathered my family at that very same vegetarian diner (Try the Dagwood!) and gave me another banjo!!!

The redhead gave me an Irish tenor banjo for my 3rd banjoversary

This one's a Gold Tone CC-IT, which stands for Cripple Creek Irish Tenor. It's tuned to G d a e', which is just like my recently-acquired (and not yet learned-to-play) mandolin-banjo's tuning of g d' a' e'', just one octave lower.

But my banjoversary is about more than receiving banjos. Although, don't get me wrong, that really helps the festive tone of the day.

My banjoversary is also about my annual introspective/retrospective look at my banjo skills, where I've been and what I plan to do.

So, like last year and the year before, I'll be spending the next few days (weeks?) looking backward, inward and forward. Stay tuned for some posts under the 3rd banjoversary label.

Cross-posted at J.R.'s Banjo Hangout blog

No comments: