Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Mark Your Calendars: Plucky Rosenthal in Willmette, Illinois

Plucky Rosenthal -- The Jewish Star of Stage and Stage

Speaking of banjos, ukelele and Vaudeville — You were just speaking of that, right? — I just got this email from Plucky Rosenthal, whom you'll remember from my post last September. She's putting on a show in Wilmette, Illinois, that sounds wonderful.

Hello, friends!

I am so excited to announce an amazing show that I co-produced and am headlining THIS April Fool's Day at the movie theatre in Wilmette! What better way to spend a Thursday? It starts at 7:30 and I'll have you home in time for Leno.

As some of you know, I've been working hard on my vaudeville-style comedy act for a year now, and this is my producing and headlining debut. For one night only, you can see more than just my usual five minute shtick - you get a whole show! Of me! Can you stand it?? With some of my very favorite Chicago vaudevillians opening for me and in the setting of a beautiful old movie theatre, this is not a show to be missed. But not to fear! if you must miss it, I have many other chances coming up for you to see me rock a ukulele and banjo 1920's-style.

This is the only mass e-mail I'll ever send out, so please let me know if I got your e-mail address by mistake. Otherwise, make sure to check me out on Facebook and MySpace to keep up with further performance dates - and soon will be the launch of my website where I officially become a dot com!

I'd recommend getting your tickets for the April 1st show ahead of time since this venue is known to sell out. And with new-fangled technology, you can do just that at this very link! https://www.readyticket.net/webticket/webticket2.asp?WCI=BuyTicket&WCE=VAUDEVILLE+AT+THE+METTE,040120101930,2,1796,

Lookit all those numbers in that hyperlink. How can you say no to that?

Hope to see "uke" there!
Exclamatorily yours,
As ever,
Alisa/Plucky Rosenthal

Become a Pluckateer. TODAY!
www.facebook.com/pluckyrosenthal
www.myspace.com/pluckyrosenthal

You should go.

Cross-posted at J.R.'s Banjo Hangout blog

No comments: