Friday, June 20, 2008

It's my banjoversary!

It's been one year since the redhead gave me the best birthday present ever. Let's relive that moment, shall we?

It's 2007, we're having a birthday dinner at a nice vegetarian restaurant and I'm opening a big, oddly-shaped package from the redhead.

What's this? A banjo? A banjo!

Isn't she wonderful?

And as you know (especially if you've been reading my blog and the 61 posts [so far] with the Banjo label) I've been working on my banjo playing ever since.

How am I celebrating my banjoversary? By blogging. A lot. I'm going to use this occasion to have a little public think session about where I've been and where I'm going, banjo-wise.

So, if you like that sort of thing, then this is the sort of thing you'll like and you should really like the next few posts.

Update: It's not just my birthday. It's not just my banjoversary. Apparently, June 20th is the happiest day of the year for everybody. (Thanks for the link, little sister!) (Link broken? Try this one.)

No comments: