Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Thumb ambush

"One, two, three, four. I declare a thumb war," I said at last night's company trip to a White Sox game, not realizing that my teenaged opponent was a double-jointed mutant. Perhaps if I'd known she could do this...

Behold the genetically enhanced thumb warrior of the future!

...I would have tried diplomacy. But, no. I had to rush to war.

And so it began, with her thumb hidden from view...

'The general who is skilled in defense hides in the most secret recesses of the earth...

...until, ZAP!

...he who is skilled in attack flashes forth from the topmost heights of heaven.' - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

A crushing defeat for my poor thumb.

"There will one day spring from the brain of science a machine or force so fearful in its potentialities, so absolutely terrifying, that even man, the fighter, who will dare torture and death in order to inflict torture and death, will be appalled, and so abandon war forever."
  - Thomas Edison

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! I can do that too, but I NEVER thought about using it in Thumb Wars. >:)

I liked your post, it was very amusing. Thanks for making my day. :)