Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The two Muppet jug bands

While searching for videos of jug band songs for the family jug band, I ran across further proof of The Muppet Show's awesomeness. Did you remember that they had not one, but two jug bands?

So which do you prefer: Lubbock Lou & His Jughuggers or The Gogolala Jubilee Jug Band?

Lubbock Lou & His Jughuggers

Borneo:

Somebody Stole My Gal:

A Horse Named Bill:

Peter Sellers - "Cigarettes And Whiskey":

Steve Martin – "Dueling Banjos":

The Gogolala Jubilee Jug Band

Jim Nabors – "Thank God I’m a Country Boy":

You Can't Rollerskate in a Buffalo Herd:

Does Your Chewing Gum Lose Its Flavor on the Bedpost Overnight?:

Twiggy - "Nobody's Business But My Own":

3 comments:

Daryl Gregory said...

Come on -- how do you beat Steve Martin and Dueling Banjos, avec Cannon? Steve knew which band was the One True Muppet Jug Band.

J.R. Jenks said...

Yes, I also prefer Lubbock Lou and his Jughuggers.

Although Lubbock Lou isn't who I thought he was. I'd figured the band was named for the lead singer slash guitarist, but according to muppet.wikia.com that's Slim Wilson.

Lubbock Lou is the guy with the jaw harp.

Daryl Gregory said...

Thank goodness for Wikipedia.