Saturday, December 26, 2009

Banjo versus TV week 94: Update on the little plastic foot

A check-in on the Banjo versus TV project — J.R.'s ongoing plan to spend more time on his banjo than on TV. This post covers 12/13/2009 through 12/19/2009.
Banjo 589 hrs, TV 526 hours

It's been a slow week so this is a good time to follow up on something.

Remember how, back in September, I put a little plastic foot on my banjo to train my right ring finger to maintain its position? It's been going really well. I can really feel it when my finger slips off of the disk and my right hand foundation has been improving.

I did make one change from my original plan: I got rid of that crescent-shaped plastic foot...

I'm no longer using this crescent-shaped plastic foot...

...and replaced it with a circular foot.

...because the circular one is better.


Things I learned at this week's banjo lesson:

  • David showed me a bunch of variations on a common ending lick. I'll be posting more about that as endings month continues.
  • David recommends Killer Tone, an 80-minute DVD by Steve Huber about banjo setup. I've placed it on my Amazon wish list.

    Steve Huber - Killer Tone

Cross-posted at J.R.'s Banjo Hangout blog

No comments: