Sunday, December 6, 2009

Santa Tracker: 6.2 percent

Christmas, children, is not a date.  It is a state of mind. - Mary Ellen Chase

We didn't get much of our shopping for family and friends done yet, but we've purchased some gifts for the kids we sponsor overseas and, as an AgileTek company event, for some disadvantaged local families.

Getting gifts for local families in need was an idea that Tim, one of my partners at AgileTek, had. This year instead of buying gifts for all of our AgileTek team members we let our team members do the giving. Working through a local school we got information about a few dozen family members who were in need of gifts. Each of us was assigned three people and given a Visa shopping card and an assignment cards like this:

Then we took a half day off of work to do our shopping together.

Yes, that's me in a Santa t-shirt. I'm festive.

I'm dying to post a picture of one of the gifts I got for the 10-year-old, Jonas-Brothers-loving bass player, but there's a long-shot chance that she might see this post. I'll wait until after Christmas and post it.

No comments: