Sunday, April 8, 2007

Where'd I park?

Here's my tech geek trick for never worrying about where you parked your car. Everyone's got a camera in their cell phones, right? Get in the habit of snapping a pic of your car every time you park in a parking lot. Make sure you capture some landmarks in the shot.



I've been doing this for a couple of years now. 95% of the time I don't need to consult the pic, but it's good to know that the pix are there if I need them.

In underground or indoor parking garages I capture the sign for the level or section.



I've got a GPS navigation system in my car, so for street parking I just snap a shot of the screen.



There's a special rule for rental cars. First thing after I rent a car I snap a shot that shows me the car's make, model, color and license plate.



Then when I need to fill out that what-car-are-you-driving form at the hotel counter, I've got all the information with me. And speaking of hotels, I always take a pic that tells me what room number I'm staying in. Finding it on my phone beats rummaging through my pockets for the piece of paper they give you at the desk.

No comments: